To get a better idea of how and when consumers plan to shop this holiday season and on Cyber Week, BlackFriday.com surveyed over 1,500 Americans to find out the biggest trends.
Floridians have are on a budget with regards to holiday gift shopping
- 45% are planning to spend less than $400 on holiday gifts this year. However, 18% set their budget in the $801 to $1,200 bracket.
- When it comes to timing, 29% of Florida consumers are planning to start their holiday shopping in early December while another 20% have already begun.
Most of Floridians planned to skip Black Friday this year
- A whopping 63% said they did not plan to spend any money on the pseudo-holiday.
- For Cyber Monday, 48% planned to spend up to $400 and 30% said they wouldn’t spend any money at all.
- Fun fact: 22% of Florida consumers were planning to lurk Cyber Monday deals on their work hours
BlackFriday.com also took a look at user data to find the most popular ad scans in the US. Here were the most popular stores for Black Friday in Florida:
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
Interestingly, while Best Buy was #1 everywhere, Florida was one of the 5 states to have Home Depot in their top 5.