by Chris Eversole
The Nonprofit Center of North Central Florida is completing the first-ever comprehensive study of nonprofit organizations in Alachua County.
The public is invited to the announcement of the results, which will be held at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15, at the Santa Fe College Fine Arts Hall, 3000 N.W. 83rd St., Gainesville.
“The nonprofit sector provides valuable resources to our community which directly affect our quality of life,” says Nonprofit Center Executive Director Chris Johnson. “The report will identify the state of this sector.”
Topics covered include:
- A count of nonprofits in the county
- The distribution of nonprofits by types of services
- The impact of the recession on the financial health of nonprofits
- Giving levels to nonprofits
- The managerial strength of the county’s nonprofits