Five local businesses to pitch a panel of experts for opportunity to win $20,000 in cash and prizes
Cox Business recently announced the finalists of Get Started Gainesville. More than 30 local businesses applied to pitch at the upcoming event. The following five businesses were selected as finalists and will pitch their ideas or business plans to a panel of experts in front of a live audience:
- BehaviorMe, Inc. – BehaviorMe is using virtual reality to teach functional living skills and basic skill acquisition to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and developmental disabilities. The situation-specific virtual reality simulations will provide behavioral specialists with virtual tools that will improve millions of lives around the world.
- Scubotics – SCUBOTICS is in the storytelling business. They believe that epic tales lie beneath the waves and are experienced by only those who are bold enough to take the plunge. It is their mission to ensure that these tales are never left behind.
- Cocovana – Cocovana is a tropical lifestyle company currently focused on creating innovative tools for opening coconuts. Cocovana’s first product, Coconut Twist, allows anyone to safely open fresh coconuts in seconds without creating a mess. It is the “can opener” for coconuts.
- AuxThera, LLC – AuxThera is an early stage commercial company focused on improving the health of companion animals through TrimauxilT, AuxThera’s flagship product. TrimauxilT is a scientifically proven, veterinarian prescribed ‘supplemental use only’ dog food product that supports significant healthy weight loss.
- HealthSteps – HealthSteps is channeling our passion for technology into creating a digital solution to improve pediatric health. By connecting doctors, parents and family members through HealthSteps, we can improve medication adherence and reduce miscommunication in the home environment.
Each organization will deliver a two-and-a-half-minute pitch to a panel of successful entrepreneurs and business experts. The panel will name a winner to receive a prize package valued at more than $20,000.
“Over 30 great start-up organizations applied for our third year of Get Started Gainesville,” said Harbin Bolton, vice-president of Cox Business Florida/Georgia. “It was very difficult to narrow down to a list of five finalists. I’m excited about the five that were chosen and look forward to this year’s event.”