Cox Communications has launched Cox Homelife in the Gainesville/Ocala market. Cox first piloted the home security and automation product in Arizona in 2011 and has since rolled out the service across its other markets over the past several years.
Cox Homelife provides a wide array of both security and advanced smart home features. The reliable, 24/7 secure monitoring and home management systems feature:
- Intrusion and home safety monitoring (includes fire, gas and flood)
- Remote access so the system can be controlled away from home via a secure online site or Smartphone app
- Email/Text alerts to notify customers of occurrences at the home
- Safety sensors to detect hazardous conditions such as carbon monoxide and smoke
- Secure video monitoring and recording available via smart phone or a web browser
- Control of home functions such as lighting and temperature
- Customizable sound notifications for each door in the home
Demonstrations of the service are available in the company’s Solutions Stores, enhancing the high-tech, high-touch service experience in its retail environment, as well as online at www.cox.com/homelife.
The system is free with a $99 installation and three year contract with professionally monitored Home Security service plans starting at $29.99. The home security services will appear on the same bill as cable services.
Cox Homelife is consistent with the company’s desire to deliver solutions that meet the individual and unique needs of each customer. One home may require a video camera near their pool for safety reasons. Another family may want text message alerts sent when children arrive home from school. No two installations are exactly alike.
For more information about Cox Homelife, visit www.cox.com/homelife.