The Gainesville Technology Council, a regional industry council managed by the Council for Economic Outreach and the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce, has seated its 2015 Council Board of Directors. Thirteen executives representing a cross section of startup and mature software/information technology (IT) companies will lead CEO’s efforts to grow the region’s IT sector. Through three major initiatives, the Council will work to positively increase regional job opportunities, capital investment and the number of new and existing companies throughout the Greater Gainesville region in the IT sector. A key tenet of their work will focus on the newly formed Gainesville Dev Academy.
The Gainesville Area Chamber formed the Technology Council in 2014 as a talent-retention strategy and a forum for collaboration and accelerated industry growth.
“We believe the rich asset base of existing regional companies, University of Florida Research talent and academic expertise as well as Santa Fe College programs, make the IT sector one of our key opportunities in the Transforming Greater Gainesville five year strategy. We look forward to a successful year under their leadership.” said Council for Economic Outreach Chairman Todd Powell.
Gainesville Tech Council Executives:
- Mobiquity–Daniel Cohen, Senior Director, Development
- 352– Geoff Wilson – Founder, President & CEO
- Fracture–Abhi Lokesh, CEO and Co-Founder
- Sportody–Roger Catchpole, Founder & CEO
- Digital Brands–Toby Sembower, CEO
- InfoTech– Jim McClave, Ph.D., CEO
- SumTotal–Hardeep Gulati, General Manger and Head
- Altavian– John Perry, CEO
- Infinite Energy–Darin Cook, President & CEO
- Grooveshark–Josh Greenberg, Co-Founder & CTO
- StarterSpace–Duncan Kabinu, Managing Partner
- Paracosm–Amir Rubin, CEO
- Trendy Entertainment–Augi Lye, Chairman & Founder
For more information, contact Susan Davenport, VP Economic Development, Gainesville Area Chamber at 352-378-7300.