CareerSource North Central Florida has elected its 2019-2020 Board of Directors Officers. Dr. Jeffrey Tate, Chief Operating Officer for CTD Holdings, an Alachua, Fla.-based biopharmaceutical manufacturing firm, assumed the role of Chair effective July 1. He succeeded Dawn Strickland, a Bradford County entrepreneur and 2018-2019 Chair of the Board of Directors.
Adrian Hayes Santos of AHS Ventures was elected as 2019-2020 Vice Chair and 2020-2021 Board-Chair Elect. As Vice Chair, he assumed the role of Finance Chair for CareerSource NCFL and began his tenure as Board Chair on July 1.
2019-2020 Board of Directors Officers
- Chair: Dr. Jeffrey Tate, Chief Operating Officer, CTD Holdings
- Vice Chair: Adrian Hayes Santos, Founder, AHS Ventures
- Secretary: Vicki Van Buren of the American Legion
- Alachua County At-Large: Ethan Fieldman, CEO, StudyEdge
- Bradford County At-Large: Patricia Evans, Bradford/Clay Market President, Capital City Bank
Additionally, the Board welcomed five new executives and community leaders to the Board of Directors at the CareerSource North Central Florida board meeting held at the Governor Charley Johns Conference Center in Starke, Florida. Members are appointed by the Alachua County Commission, Bradford County Commission, or Dual County Commission, which includes representatives of both Alachua and Bradford county commissions for jointly appointed seats. Those members are:
2019-2020 New Board Members
- Alachua County Business Seat: Kinnon Thomas, President, The Thomas Sound Group, Inc.
- Alachua County Business Seat: Gail Redmond, Corporate Recruiter, Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc.
- Alachua County Business Seat: Duncan Kabinu, President, Gainesville Developmental Academy
- Labor/Apprenticeships Seat: Jeremiah Tattersall, Organizer, Florida AFL-CIO.
- Community-based Organization, Youth Seat: Jonathan Leslie, Executive Director, Project YouthBuild.*
*Mr. Leslie was appointed Thursday, June 27.
“We are looking forward to the unique expertise our new board members will bring, ranging from communications, talent acquisition, labor relations, and startups,” said CareerSource North Central Florida Board Chair, Dr. Jeffrey Tate. “Their insight will be a great benefit to our organization and leadership, and more importantly, provide meaningful direction to developing effective and valuable workforce policies for our primary customer: the business community.”
“Supporting strategic business and job growth requires bringing together leaders from all areas of the economy: from technology, to advanced manufacturing, to community training resources. We could not be more pleased with the exceptional business community leaders who have volunteered their time and expertise to the board this year, and we look forward to integrating their knowledge into our regional workforce policies and initiatives,” said Frank Avery, CareerSource NCFL Executive Director.
CAREERSOURCE NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA:
CareerSource North Central Florida is a leading public workforce development agency serving Alachua and Bradford counties in North Central Florida. Led by a board of directors comprised of local professionals and business executives, CareerSource NCFL recruits, develops, and expands a competitive talent base supporting better jobs, higher wages, and a thriving business community. Their team of dedicated, full-time business services experts provide employers access to the training and resources they need to grow their employees and business while eliminating barriers for workers to meaningful employment across the region. More information is available at www.careersourcencfl.com.