Small businesses in the healthcare, travel, biotech, and education industries represented in October 21networking and pitch event Spots still available to attend one-time, free event during Gainesville Entrepreneur Month (GEM)
GAINESVILLE — Cox Business has announced the finalists of Get Started Gainesville (#GetStartedGNV) taking placeon Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The winner of the live pitch competition will go home with a prize package worth up to $10,000. The networking kicks off at 5:30 p.m. and spots are still available to attend the live, free event. Registration is available at www.coxblue.com/getstartedgainesville.com.
More than 30 businesses from across Central Florida applied to present at Get Started Gainesville. The businesses selected to pitch at the live event were chosen based on innovation, ease of implementation, and benefit to the community. The five selected finalists are:
- Zen Monitoring: Zen Monitoring is developing a non-invasive device which uses exhaled breath to measure blood glucose levels in diabetic or pre-diabetic patients.
- Livingua: Livingua is an app that connects travelers to locals that knows the language and the culture whenever needed and wherever the user wants. Within three clicks on the app, users will have a real-time, on-demand connection to a local that can provide insights and translation services.
- aqUV.: aqUV developed a clean water technology that purifies drinking water in 5 minutes or less. The aqUV Pure water purifier uses a combination of filtration and UV disinfection to purify water from any freshwater source.
- AzPure, LLC: AzPure, LLC is a Gainesville biotech startup using plasma energy to sanitize and disinfect indoor environments. Their goal is to reduce the incidence of communicable and chronic diseases caused by pathogens and allergens.
- GrammarSongs: GrammarSongs began as an innovative and memorable way to teach grammar, reading, and writing skills to students. They now have created a single grammar plan that integrates songs and activities into one easy plan.
A representative from each of these companies will pitch their idea in 2.5 minutes to a distinguished panel of experts. One winner will be named to receive a prize package valued at approximately $10,000 which includes:
- $5,000 cash
- Cox Business services valued up to $5,000 for one year of service.
Local businesses not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding, and business growth strategy. The event is being hosted by Cox Business as part of Gainesville Entreprenur Month (GEM)